The New York Times bestselling look at the real reasons for male marital infidelity and what might prevent it ... more
- ISBN 9780470502136
- Imprint Wiley
- Category Family & Relationships
Click below to purchase
The New York Times bestselling look at the real reasons for male marital infidelity and what might prevent it
Few events cause as much turmoil in a marriage as infidelity. It can shatter trust and breed insecurity and resentment from which some relationships never recover. People who think it won't happen to them are hit that much harder when it does. Why are men unfaithful? Can infidelity be prevented? What do men say they're getting from their mistresses that they're missing at home? Do a man's friends have anything to do with his willingness to cheat?
In this New York Times bestselling book, experienced family counselor M. Gary Neuman shares the revealing and surprising findings of a cutting-edge research study in which he interviewed men across the country who have physically cheated on their wives. Neuman shares many shocking discoveries, including the prominent role of emotional dissatisfaction in motivating husbands who stray and how small a role sexual dissatisfaction plays.
- Based on a groundbreaking study of both cheating men and men who have remained faithful
- Reveals surprising findings on the contribution of sexual and emotional dissatisfaction to male infidelity
- Written by experienced family counselor M. Gary Neuman, coauthor of In Good Times and Bad and author of Emotional Infidelity
- Neuman and The Truth about Cheating were featured twice on The Oprah Winfrey Show
Drawing on dramatic case stories of the author's own work with clients, The Truth about Cheating includes proactive strategies and action steps for married women to help them prevent infidelity and create a faithful and rewarding marriage.