"The Godfather of Gluten Free" -Robb Report, Health & Wellness
World-renowned pediatric gastroenterologist, research scientist and entreprenuer Dr. Alessio Fasano is chief of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition at MassGeneral Hospital for Children (MGHfC). Dr. Fasano directs the Center for Celiac Research, specializing in the treatment of patients of all ages with gluten-related disorders, including celiac disease, wheat allergy and gluten sensitivity. He treats patients with acute and chronic diarrheal diseases, and treats infants and children who have difficult-to-treat gastrointestinal problems.
Dr. Fasano also directs the Mucosal Immunology and Biology Research Center and is associate chief for Basic, Clinical and Translational Research. Under his leadership, investigators are studying the molecular mechanisms of autoimmune disorders including celiac disease, and other-gluten-related disorders. He has been named visiting professor of pediatrics at Harvard Medical School. He authored the groundbreaking study in 2003 that established the rate of celiac disease at one in 133 Americans. Widely sought after by national and international media, Dr. Fasano has been featured in hundreds of interviews including outlets such as The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal; National Public Radio; CNN; Bloomberg News, and others.
- Unraveling the Gluten-Free Trend Samuel Fromartz, Eating Well
- The World's Leading Expert on Gluten-Related Disorders, Dr. Alessio Fasano
- The Godfather of Gluten-Free Health & Wellness
- Pioneering Researcher Alessio Fasano M.D. on Gluten, Autoimmunity & Leaky Gut
- New Guide to Who Really Shouldn't Eat Gluten The Wall Street Journal
- Review of Gluten Freedom Gluten Free Recipe Box
- Can Celiac Disease Affect the Brain? The New York Times
- F.D.A. Sets a Standard on Labeling "Gluten-Free" The New York Times
- "Before “gluten-free” became a turbo-powered marketing platform..." The Frankie Boyer Show
- The Truth About Gluten Mindy Todd
Content not available at this time.
If you would like to contact this author or request them for an appearance or interview, please e-mail Turner Publishing at or call us at (615) 255-2665.