Discover the road to breast health and overall well-being ... more
- ISBN 9781620455753
- Imprint Wiley
- Category Health & Fitness
Click below to purchase
Discover the road to breast health and overall well-being
Only about 10% of breast cancer is linked to heredity and genes; the majority is associated with lifestyle and environmental factors. This means that you can take control of your breast health-and work to prevent cancer and many other common breast problems.
Written by two authorities in complementary medicine and women's health issues, Breast Health the Natural Way is a compassionate guide that combines mainstream and alternative medical advice, nutrition, exercise, and mind-body medicine into a simple, five-step program you can follow to ensure the health of your breasts. With reassuring understanding of women's concerns, Dr. Deborah Gordon explains:
* Healthy food choices for breast health-including powerful cancer-fighting sources
* Hormone therapy and how to decide if it's right for you
* Exercise and meditation/visualization techniques to cut your breast cancer risk
* How to perform a breast self-examination properly
* How to understand and deal with breast changes during pregnancy
* Other breast conditions, including cyclic fibrocystic changes, breast pain, nipple discharge, implants, breast reconstruction, mastectomy, and more.
Uniquely created from a woman's perspective, Breast Health the Natural Way offers you a wellspring of insight along with the information and tools you need to ensure the health of your breasts-and the rest of your body.
Deborah Mitchell is a medical writer and journalist specializing in natural medicine and nutrition topics. Her articles have appeared in professional journals as well as national consumer magazines....more