A step-by-step guide to cultivating volunteers who thrive within the Jewish community. ... more
- ISBN 9781580234085
- Category Religion
Click below to purchase
A step-by-step guide to cultivating volunteers who thrive within the Jewish community.
“We can never forget that volunteering is a two-way street. Volunteers must be motivated, but volunteer organizations also need to maximize volunteer satisfaction. Blaming one or the other for the failures prevalent today in the world of Jewish volunteering helps no one. The search is for a win-win strategy.” —from the Introduction
Cultivating successful volunteers in the twenty-first century is increasingly more challenging. Budgets are tight, hands are few, and competition for a person’s discretionary time is severe. How do you develop and maintain the volunteers who are essential to the vitality of your organization and community? What can you do to avoid volunteer burnout?
Rabbi Charles Simon draws on over thirty years of professional experience to provide you with the resources you need to build and retain a thriving volunteer culture for your organization—regardless of size or complexity. In a straightforward, accessible style, Simon provides you with:
• Methods for analyzing your organization’s needs
• Innovative ways for creating an environment that strengthens volunteer involvement and satisfaction while increasing your organization’s effectiveness
• Plans for developing or modifying your leadership framework, positions and styles
• The groundwork for creating a language of inclusion that will motivate and inspire your volunteers
• Practical tips for establishing healthy, meaningful interpersonal relationships with and among your volunteers
Rabbi Charles Simon, executive director of the 30,000-member Federation of Jewish Men’s Clubs, has been developing vehicles to increase volunteer involvement for more than thirty years. He is the...more