Feeding Women of the Bible cookbook features a short compelling narrative of twenty female biblical heroines from the Hebrew bible, paired with two healthy plant-based kosher pareve recipes inspired by the character’s experience. ... more
- ISBN 9781684423262
- Category Cooking
Click below to purchase
Feeding Women of the Bible cookbook features a short compelling narrative of twenty female biblical heroines from the Hebrew bible, paired with two healthy plant-based kosher pareve recipes inspired by the character’s experience.
You learn about these extraordinary women through:
- Their Stories: a concise summary of the female biblical character’s narrative
- Verses: key quotations from the Hebrew Bible relating to the biblical character’s narrative; all quotations are from The Hebrew Bible: A Translation and Commentary by Robert Alter
- Themes: essential emotional, mental, physical, social themes that define the heroine’s narrative or role
- Midrash: a modern commentary, uplifting the voice of the biblical heroine without attempting to neutralise their imperfections, flaws or struggles
- Prompts: meaningful questions arising from her story, to inspire further reflection for women today
- Food Offerings: two plant-based recipes developed to honour the biblical heroines
This is a community cookbook by Kenden Alfond and is the co-creation of 40 Jewish women. The twenty biblical narratives are contributed by Rabbis, Rabbinical students, Jewish teachers and emerging thought leaders. The forty-one plant-based recipes were developed by professional chefs, homecooks who are elementary school students, and great-grandmothers.
All of the contributors volunteered their time and intellectual energy to contribute to this book. As such, all of Jewish Food Hero’s net profits from the sale of this book will be donated to a Jewish nonprofit every year.
Kenden Alfond is the founder of Jewish Food Hero, the website that nourishes your mind, body, and spirit. She has been a vegan (most of the time) since she was 12 years old after reading a book...more