Winner 1991 Maxwell Medallion ... more
- ISBN 9781630261627
- Imprint Howell Book House
- Category Pets
Click below to purchase
Winner 1991 Maxwell Medallion
Best Special Volume
ABOUT THE FIRST EDITION
...the techniques and the case studies here are so interesting that a read will prove rewarding to ordinary trainers and fanciers alike. --Publisher s Weekly
From the devastation of the World Trade Center to earthquakes in Central Asia, search and rescue dogs have proven invaluable in helping to find victims of disasters whether man-made or natural.
First published in 1991 to critical acclaim, this newly expanded and revised edition of Search and Rescue Dogs: Training the K-9 Hero, contains original, updated content. Chapters describe cutting-edge training techniques used for wilderness, disaster, cadaver dogs, and water searches, and by state and federal disaster organizations such as FEMA.
Search and Rescue Dogs: Training the K-9 Hero, 2nd Edition provides:
* Clear, step-by-step lessons on training your dog for a variety of search and rescue operations
* Ways to keep your dog and yourself safe in the face of disaster
* Practical information on procedures and equipment for dogs, handlers, and human volunteers
* The ultimate experience of the interdependence of Human and Dog
Extensive photographs illustrate real-life missions, including images of Ground Zero and the Pentagon taken by ARDA volunteers after September 11, 2001.