This book is a welcome addition to the literature in the field of horse training and should be in the library of any serious, caring horseperson. ... more
- ISBN 9780764588693
- Imprint Howell Book House
- Category Sports & Recreation
Click below to purchase
This book is a welcome addition to the literature in the field of horse training and should be in the library of any serious, caring horseperson.
--Gincy Self Bucklin
Author of What Your Horse Wants You to Know and How Your Horse Wants You to Ride: Starting Out, Starting Over
With unique insight based on years of experience, author Sarah Blanchard describes horse training based on positive motivation and cooperation instead of subservience and domination. The Power of Positive Horse Training: Saying Yes to Your Horse helps you understand your horse's agenda and explains rewards-based training. It goes beyond theory and:
* Helps trainers and riders create a logical, consistent system of requests, responses, and rewards
* Teaches communication skills and methods that build respect and a rewarding relationship
* Describes nine specific, progressive exercises designed to improve communication and cooperation between horse and rider
* Explains how to use positive training techniques to solve six common behavioral problems
This book helps you forge a bond of understanding and trust with your horse that leads to enhanced responsiveness and teamwork. . . . and make riding a pure joy.