Why dropping the wheat might just save your life—and how to start today
World-renowned gluten disorder expert Dr. Alessio Fasano presents the groundbreaking roadmap to a gluten-free lifestyle, and how anyone can live better by going gluten-free.
For centuries, wheat has been known as the “staff of life.” But for millions of Americans affected by gluten-related disorders, consuming gluten, the complex protein found in wheat, rye, and barley, can be hazardous to their health. In a recent poll presented by Scientific American, over 30% of Americans reported wanting to cut down or eliminate gluten from their diets; the gluten-free market is a $6.3 billion industry and continues to expand.
Now, in Gluten Freedom, Alessio Fasano, MD, world-renowned expert and founder of Boston’s Center for Celiac Research, reveals the latest developments in scientific research and treatment, and the answers they provide for this rapidly expanding audience. This groundbreaking, authoritative guide is an invaluable roadmap for the newly diagnosed, for those already dealing with gluten-related issues, and for anyone who thinks they may have an issue with gluten.
Distinguishing scientific fact from myth, Gluten Freedom explains the latest research, diagnostic procedures, and treatment/diet recommendations, helping consumers make the best choices for themselves and their families. Gluten Freedom also discusses important nutritional implications for behavior-related diagnoses such as autism and conditions such as depression, anxiety, and “foggy mind.” Other highlights include:
Don't miss Gluten Freedom - learn how to take the first steps towards freedom today.
- The differences between celiac disease, gluten sensitivity, and wheat allergy
- Current best practices for gluten-related disorders at any age
- Practical information on setting up a gluten-free kitchen, reading labels, and staying safe and healthy in a world filled with hidden sources of gluten
- The psychological impact of a diagnosis and its effect on a family
- Groundbreaking research for prevention and therapy
- Reliable and accurate resources for patients, parents, and physicians
- And even recipes for an authentic gluten-free Italian dinner from Dr. Fasano’s home kitchen!